tumblr site counter

Why Fiverr Exposed was created

Discussion in 'Annoucements & FAQ's' started by Fiverr Guy, May 14, 2012.

1. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    Some people have left reviews saying that fiverr is a scam, or that they got cheated when purchasing a gig from shiesty sellers. However, many have had great experiences, so although fiverr itself is not a scam, you have to understand how it operates.

On fiverr, you cannot contact the seller directly via email or phone, and vice versa. You cannot post email addresses or other contact info. Everything is done through their website which they use to control E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. The reason why they do it like this is so that sellers and buyers are not able to connect outside of fiverr, and thus reducing the profits from the website.

BUT at the same time, buyers can't fully or effectively share their complete experiences, mainly due to the short feedback area that you are given.

The comment/feedback system is ok, but here's the thing: sellers can complain that buyers leave bad feedback, and in many cases the feedback is removed, which artificially raises the sellers profile. You're inclined to buy based on all the positives that you see, but how do you know those are transactions from real people and real experiences, and not from the friends of sellers?

What if you saw more honest accounts of real transactions? And what if you could see REAL examples of the logos, flyers, and other work that a buyer has purchased?

This, my friends, is why Fiverr Exposed was born. :)

2. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    This is a great idea, and I'm glad you started this forum. I'm considering offering my services on Fiverr, so it's great to be able to get some perspective about what buyers expect.

As a soon-to-be-buyer, I also want to know what others buyers are saying. I've been looking at the jewelry and have seen some really creative things. I want to know that if I buy a gift for someone or something for myself, that I'm going to get what's being advertised.

3. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    I think that the forum needs a bit more things for interaction as well as good incentives such as with the FE Dollars to draw more people to the community. Maybe putting a suggestions thread might get some feedback on extra stuff that could be discussed. Just a thought! :)

4. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    Per your suggestion, a new forum has been created here: Suggestions & Feedback

Feel free to post your thoughts there! Thanks for the tip as well. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    Hey that’s great I was able to make a useable suggestion! I will help spread the word! I am active in several forums and I love the discussions that some of the forums bring.

6. Bala Gurusamy

Bala Gurusamy New Member

FE Dollars:
    $4
    Kudos to you for a substantial site creation.I surfed through the pages and found lot of catchy topics to read through and in turn understand the functioning of the forum.I am starting to love the concept of FE dollars.Although it can't buy me food or stuff i feel as if i am earning something.I believe a new untrodden path awaits me here.Thanks !@!

7. Smartmom

Smartmom Member

FE Dollars:
    $37
    I think that this forum is a great idea. I've never really heard anyone say anything bad about the site or that it was a scam. In fact I feel that the site is great for anyone trying to make some extra cash. I have to admit at times I felt that five dollars was not enough for some of my services but at the same time there are ways to get around that. A person can actually purchase more than one gig at a time. I love the name of the forum and I really love the way the system works. Sometimes however I feel that people can really be mean in terms of leaving bad feedback. This is a great way to set the record straight.

8. sinailori101

sinailori101 Member

FE Dollars:
    $28
    Fiverrguy, you are doing an amazing job of bringing people together to come share their knowledge and experience gotten from using fiverr. It's really an helpful resource for people like me, who at some point have thought of starting up with fiverr but can't seem to be sure. One thing I have taken from this forum is that promoting ones gig help get them that publicity they need to make sales. Kudos for the job well done.