tumblr site counter

What sites are out there like fiverr

Discussion in 'Worst of fiverr' started by Lowdown0, Dec 25, 2013.

1. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    Thanks for the link Hank. I'd like to check out some other sites like fiverr as well and Zeerk sounds kind of interesting also that Lowdown0 mentioned. I've set up a gig on fiverr, but I need to do some editing on it so I want to look at some other options in the meantime. I'd also like to Google some information in order to see if I can find anything relating to writer's fees. This is where I get stuck because I'm completely in the dark when it comes to how much writer's should charge for different types of writing services where fiverr makes that part fairly easy, plus I've learned a lot from all of you on this forum, but it can be difficult to determine any writing fees when you're just starting out.

2. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    I have to report back about the Zeerk idea, I went there to check it out and maybe sign up, but it was like a ghost town for writers. The writers there had very little if any reviews or orders in their ques. I'm not sure anyone has much going on there, so I'm not going to try that, it would be a waste of time. Maybe I'll start another gig, thinking about it now.

3. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    Lowdown, if that is the case, couldn't you try it anyway, and see if you could make your gigs stand out more than the others?

4. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    I could try FG, but as for now my confidence on making my gig stand out isn't so high. At least then I could have empirical evidence, but I think I'd rather find a better alternative to try. I already spend too much time on the computer and so my time has been limited. My wife is becoming a stranger, haha.

Zeerk is a dead zone, don't have that much time to waste. Could be wrong though.

5. Smartmom

Smartmom Member

FE Dollars:
    $37
    There are many sites out there like Fiverr. Do an online search for paid gig sites. I am registered with about three others. I find that they all are pretty much the same. So honestly for me being signed up with two is enough. What has happened with me is that I pretty much have the same gigs on each one. I have made some money on each one so I feel that signing up with them all is a good idea. What ever works for the individual.

6. LindaKay

LindaKay Member

FE Dollars:
    $13
    There are definitely a ton of knock-off sites for Fiverr.

Some of them are probably decent, but there is enough stuff on Fiverr that I would probably stick with that site.

I do worry about scams, but I'm sure some of the alternative sites are legit. I just imagine that they get way less traffic.

7. Brad

Brad New Member

FE Dollars:
    $6
    SEOClerks is a great site similar to Fiverr and offers very similar services.

8. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007 Member

FE Dollars:
    $81
    I have found that their are a lot of knock off sites. However, the other thing that I have found is these knockoffs tend to require more of your money to cover their operating cost. That is the one downside I have found, plus not as many customers!

9. LindaKay

LindaKay Member

FE Dollars:
    $13
    I think that's the main downside. It's hard enough to build up a strong customer base on a site like Fiverr. I think it would be even harder to do so on a smaller site with many less customers. Yet, I guess starting with a new site from the beginning is a good way to establish yourself early; you never know what the site might grow into!

10. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

FE Dollars:
    $10
    I would not bother so much about the other fiverr like sites. They normally have a lower reputation meaning getting your gigs to work will take a lot time. I would rather try other freelance sites that do not have the same fiverr script.

11. Rob

Rob New Member

FE Dollars:
    $0
    I've seen a few but I think fiverr is the best one, I'll have to look up some more and let you guys know what I find.