tumblr site counter

Selling Articles on Fiverr

Discussion in 'Seller-promoted Gigs' started by Lowdown0, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
  2. lord1027

lord1027 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $10
    I would like to report a "bug". Your message says 300 word article, while the fiverr link says 500 word article. So, what's the truth?
    Edit: Now I get it, you started from 500 words per article and later you've edited your gig to 300 words. Smooth!

3. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    That's a good question 1027, you guessed it, but it wasn't by design. At first, a couple weeks ago I made a gig for 500 words, then I had the thought of not wanting to sell my writings with exclusive rights. Then a week later after working for a content place, I figured whatever, these articles are not especially opinion pieces.
    Thanks for telling me, I saw that yesterday too. I'll have to figure out how to fix that.

4. tspires2

tspires2 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $4
    I am very new to this, would you mind explaining a little more what this is? I did check the link and it looks interesting just looking for a little more information if you don't mind. Thanks in advance!

5. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Well, the gig is actually 300 words like I explained above, will have to fix that. I'm offering to write 300 words of content for websites. Not personal opinion pieces, but pieces about how to or travel. So if someone wants me to write about landmarks in Maine, or maybe about bean bags.
    Setting the gig up is fairly simple just go through the sign up and edit profile and gig. Some people are offering to write up to 500 words for the $5, which is actually $4 after fiverr takes a dollar. That's a little too much work for so little for me, so 300 words for $4 is what I'm offering.
    Maybe that helps, also you can set how long you have to write the work. For me now, it's one day, but if I get busy there I'd need to make it 2 days at least. I think the count-down for getting it done starts when they order, so if you don't check and they order, you won't have much time to get it done.

6. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    I do some content writing for various clients as well, and I think that $5 (or $4 for the writer, after Fiverr's cut) for 300 words is a fair price (actually, I think that 300 words can be worth as much $50 or $100, in the right setting, but the going rate for such things has become greatly reduced in recent years, in some settings). Certainly for the purposes of selling your content on Fiverr, the given rate for 300 words is reasonable.

I haven't looked at your link yet, Lowdown0, but I will when I'm done here. It's good that you are getting rid of the 500 words in the description (if you haven't already, that is), because it could raise a red flag to someone who is considering buying your content. Good that you caught it.

7. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Your right 5is4fun, I haven't fixed that yet. I need to fix that somehow. It probably is making people think something is fishy. You made me realize this right then, thanks. Sounds silly, but I've been working elsewhere and maybe not putting the effort there like I should.
    About the rate, I agree, from what I've seen this is getting paid what a 4 star writer would get at Textbroker. As long as it's not an opinion piece I'm willing to write it, but opinion pieces are too personal for me. I wouldn't want anyone to change it around and put their name on it. Thanks for reminding me of that problem.

8. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    No problem at all, Lowdown0. I know how it is, when we have a few different things going on. I think it's unfortunate that there are people who try to scam others on Fiverr, because they make everything more challenging for those of us who prefer to do business ethically. Good luck with your gigs; I'm sure the right buyers will find you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Thanks, yeah I just went there and put in a customer request asking how to change my URL for the gig. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. I had to go to a customer service page and register there, then I have access to see the request. That's a nice way to do it, organized. They seem to be fairly organized there.

I was reading in some thread on the forum about fiverr needing to give the sellers the option to block a client, or deny to do the work. I was wondering how this worked, cause a buyer could refuse to mutually cancel the order, then you are stuck unless contact customer service. Should be when you get an order request, you can say yeah or nay. That seems like it could be a problem.

Thanks again, I may just get some buyers eventually. I might as well stick around there and find out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    It is true that writer's can make some pretty decent change online; especially the better a person gets at writing. I think $4 is actually below what a good writer should charge to give up their copyrights, but then again 300 words for $4 would allow a person to earn a nice consistent income while checking out some other sites to write for also.

11. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Yeah there are good possibilities once you learn the ropes and pay your dues so to say. I know what you mean about $4 for giving up exclusive rights, but if the articles are simply about some inane topic and not deep personal conviction. At first I shied away from fiverr because of this fact, but then after writing content about bean bags and random services and products I figured, I don't really care if these are under my name.
    On the other hand, going to places like ghostblogger, where you'd write more personal bigger articles, I couldn't do it. I won't write about deep topics and give the exclusive rights away. I put those only on my blog.

12. kadam1novasparker

kadam1novasparker New Member

FE Dollars:
    $24
    So, do you get enough traffic with your advertisements to generate some decent income? I'm not asking to be nosey, but because I have been interested in posting a gig like this for my own writing skills. How do you get noticed over the others who do the same thing? I am just going to have to break down and put in a gig and see what happens.

13. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    No that's what this site is for, to learn. I haven't sold an article to anyone I don't know yet, which is sad, but I also have been working elsewhere and not brainstorming there to figure out how to make it work. Today I spiffed it up and added 50 words, cause 300 is just so tiny, and so now it's 350. I'm going to keep trying and even try a site called zeerks, where I can put the price higher if want, so say 700 words for $10. Then I'll compare, and see. It seems though that if you can get around some forums and chat here and there and get a few customers who come back here and there other people will come and then Bam, you have all the work you can handle.

14. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Well, now to let anyone know, I have upped my word count to 350 words. I can't really write a very good article with 300 words anyway. It's almost harder trying to contain myself. So, now the URL says 500, my gig up top here says 300, and I'm saying 350 now, so I guess this clarifies it.

15. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    That gives you the opportunity for over delivery. Whenever I write an article I'm always over the required word limit, because I'm not going to just abruptly end the article because I've reached the word count. Sometimes I've over delivered by one hundred words or more, I always get a positive comment from a customer about it. But hopefully increasing the word limit will get you more business. Good luck.

16. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Thanks Hank, I know what you mean, I find going back over and editing out over 50 words to be a tiresome project, and if I'm writing well I can write 400 words without thinking much of it.
    Maybe I'll add a video soon, I could also upload it to YouTube as well, right? Could maybe sign up for their incentive program and try to sell an article? I am also a songwriter, but I'm not going to sell a song or something personal for that amount. Still brainstorming. Best wishes to you as well.

17. sinailori101

sinailori101 Member

FE Dollars:
    $28
    It's good you have increased the word count to 358, that's so what encouraging to buyers. Another good move you are taking is uploading a video to your gig and giving it the much needed publicity on YT. That's great, you'll see change soon.

One more thing you should know, buyers expect you to put much more brain storm into articles as ther want well sounding and straight up article, just as writing for ones site. I have noticed that it's mostly internet marketers who comes to fiverr to buy gigs as they need to cut cost and find a cheap article to promote a site or a product.

Well, well, my best wishes go to your endeavor in making money on fiverr. For me, I've never summed up the courage to put the word out that I'm a well compelling article writer. It's a huge task standing out. Kindly share more light on what other sites you are writing on, so some other writers could know.

18. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Well, the other sites which I make a little on are textbroker, hirewriter, and then a couple blogs. Also I write on webanswers and postlooop. Another one which is new is called chatabout, which is easy to sign up and can cash out at $5, harder to make money there but is quality site where you just comment and interact. Here is the link to chatabout:
    http://chatabout.com/home/53811

19. suren

suren New Member

FE Dollars:
    $2
    do you think it's a great idea to work on fiever as a translator?
    i wanted to start on fiverr but have no idea if what i can do is working great
    i can speak 4 languages

20. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    I think this would be a good skill to promote on fiverr, translate so many words for $5. There is probably other places where you could make money as well translating. I'm thinking of Amazon Mechanical Turks and maybe Clickworker. I haven't had any work at clickworker, but they are a German company, so if speak German, maybe.
    Yeah I would try making a different gig for each language you speak on fiverr, see what happens.