tumblr site counter

Posting on a changing forum

Discussion in 'fiverr Buyers' started by Victor Leigh, May 14, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh New Member

FE Dollars:
    $79
    I have something to share.

On Fiverr, I have a gig where I offered to make 50 forum post of 25 words each for 5usd. Maybe it's first-timer's luck but I got an order on the very first day I put up my offer. I was very happy, of course. Then after a completing a couple of gigs, I met a difficult one.

Well, it was not difficult to post on the forum of that particular buyer. It's just that the buyer hadn't really made up his mind as to what he wanted to use for the forum software. Half way through the job, he changed the software and I had to start all over again. Actually I was not angry with him. I think it would have been better if I had just cancelled the gig but, at that time, I didn't know how to do that. So I ended up with an undelivered gig. And a hit on my rating, of course.

Well, we have to learn as we go along, don't we?

Ooops! This is in the wrong section.

Dear Admin,
    Please move this thread to the right section. I have no idea how to delete this. Thank you.

2. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    That kinda sucks. I know that as a seller, you guys have to deal with a lot at times, and it's hard to predict every type of situation that will come up. I do think buyers should be fair, and not change the rules halfway into the game.

But hopefully you will have more positive experiences from now on! Maybe some future buyers will see this and think about that before purchasing a gig.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh New Member

FE Dollars:
    $79
    Actually it's kind of difficult to screen out buyers like that. I mean it's only 5usd. So just about anybody can buy a gig. I know that there are lots of kiddies who get more than that in pocket money every day. That's not saying that the buyers are kiddies. In the case of that particular buyer, I wish him all the best and hope he gets his act together, so to say.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007 Member

FE Dollars:
    $81
    This sounds like it would suck! I know I have wrote for some clients on various sites and they have liked the article and messaged me saying they liked it. Then complained to the editor of the site to get them rejected, but they had the idea already on the site.

5. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh New Member

FE Dollars:
    $79
    You mean they stole your article? If you can prove that, you have a case. Make screenshots and submit the case to Fiverr. If they won't handle it, then you can look into bringing it to the attention of some other forums.

6. Jessi

Jessi Member

FE Dollars:
    $67
    Ugh, that really sucks. If you started over, doesn't that mean you actually continued working the job? Why did you get an undelivered job and a hit to your rating then? Or did you opt not to continue working it after all?

7. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007 Member

FE Dollars:
    $81
    I opted not to say anything because the client took and spun my article. However, the funny thing is the title was the same and duplicate content was close to 70% the same. However, I could not do anything about it because of a bad buyer.

8. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh New Member

FE Dollars:
    $79
    Well, when the buyer changed the forum software, everything was wiped out. So I had to start all over again. I made a number of new threads. After three days, my posts were still the only ones there. So I just gave up. I told the forum owner about my decision. It was actually an amicable parting of ways. If I had known how to reject an order from the beginning, I wouldn't have ended up with an undelivered job.

9. Pat Baker

Pat Baker New Member

FE Dollars:
    $19
    This is what is called learning by hard knocks, it's the hard way to learn but once you get it you know you will not do that again. It seems that no matter where you are there will be people who will try to get over on you and not pay for the services that you provide and they used. Maybe the thought should be make 3 sales knowing one will not pay for the work done.

10. racechick79

racechick79 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $13
    Thanks for posting this. Since I am new to the whole Fiverr experience, I find it really helpful to read what others are doing and experiences they have had. Kind of like learning from other's mistakes! Thanks again!

11. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007 Member

FE Dollars:
    $81
    Yes, learning from others mistakes can be a hard thing to do, but if you learn before you make them it is even better! Without this it is impossible to make the proper choice on how you should run your business.

12. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    I go back and forth wondering if fiverr is great or not. When I first started I second guessed it and left, then came back. What is it about fiverr that makes me want to get out of it. I don't like the idea of writing someones homework, and this is the site they'll go to do that.

13. Fiverr Guy

FE Dollars:
    $265
    If someone pays you for this, why would you worry about that? That's what they have parents for. :)

14. littlebelgianwriter

littlebelgianwriter New Member

FE Dollars:
    $27
    At first glance I would agree with you. It is a parent's or teacher's task to notice these kinds of things.
    But what if they (buyer, not the parent) flunk and they want to blame you?

Come to think of it, sometimes it would be possible that you work at a gig and you deliver it and it was somebody's homework and you never knew it. Maybe I already did somebody's homework!

15. Fiverr Guy

FE Dollars:
    $265
    If that were the case, it's their own fault for not doing their own work. They are lucky you don't have the info for their school or teacher, because if it were me, I would report them. They may think twice before complaining about "purchasing" their homework in the future!

And then maybe you should come on fiverr exposed and uh, expose the buyers username and what they tried to do. But only the publicly viewable username and not any personal details, because we do not condone that type of exposition here.

16. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    That is so ridiculous, the buyer should have let you have the money since it was their fault that everything got screwed up. And leaving bad feedback too? What a dork!

One of the bad things about a site like Fiverr is that for some people $5 bucks is nothing, but for people from other countries it can be a lot of money, so they expect much more for it.

17. gigseeker

gigseeker Member

FE Dollars:
    $41
    I think that you can comment on the negative feedback you that have received and tell him the reason why you were late, so that the other people who will be looking at your gig know why it was late right?

18. kadam1novasparker

kadam1novasparker New Member

FE Dollars:
    $24
    Did you bring up the fact that you produced more work that he paid for? He might have been willing to compensate you for the time you spent on the original platform. Hopefully this wasn't done intentionally and I can't imagine that it would have been, but still, he breached the terms of the initial gig and therefore should have compensated you for your time and effort.

19. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    I didn't realize that you could cancel a gig on fiverr if you wanted, but I can definitely see how that would have a very negative effect on a sellers rating. My gig is active now, but I'm still trying to learn exactly how fiverr works. I just want to write and make money at it and I don't have a whole lot of patience when it comes to trying to figure out all of a Website's functions also. :eek:

20. littlebelgianwriter

littlebelgianwriter New Member

FE Dollars:
    $27
    I will look out for these kinds of 'inquiries' and I could not agree with you more. I would not want to expose anyone's personal details because as a former social worker I am familiar with professional secrecy.