tumblr site counter

POPART portraits

Discussion in 'Cool Gigs' started by her21, Jan 7, 2014.

1. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    As I was watching some of the new to fiverr gigs that scroll through at the bottom of fiverr's home page I came across this one where he will create a POPART portrait of your photo. This one is pretty cool and I liked the other gigs that he has listed too, like the WPAP pop art. I was thinking about these for my nephew's birthdays or Christmas. These would make a really cool gift. He's definitely talented and he needs some orders. I was surprised to see that he didn't have any yet.

http://fiverr.com/dekazone/make-popart-portrait-of-you-photo

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    That is kinda cool! Thanks for also posting a link to the gig so everyone can see it!

It'd be cool if -- as a Gig Extra -- the seller would custom frame the picture and send it to you. Maybe for an extra $40-$50, and send it to you or your gift recipient.

3. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    I am so jealous of those who can draw this sort of stuff! I only wish that I had a talent like this! I do agree that offering a frame would make it even better. I may look in to getting some of these and hang them in my rec room! :) Very cool!

4. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    That's a great idea Fiverr Guy and you can actually get some great frames at certain dollar stores. I hear what you're saying, too, shaybearlv because one of my brothers got the artistic talent and I got the writing talent. My father could do both so it was funny that one of my brothers ended up with one talent and I ended up with the other, but I've always been jealous of artists because they don't have to edit anything!

5. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    Yeah you can find frames fairly inexpensive but since I am professional photographer, I tend to notice flaws in most frames. The frame is so important when hanging art because it helps draw attention to it, makes it stand out, makes it look finished, and most importantly protects it. The cheaper the frame, the cheaper the glass, it doesn't protect your investment as well.

6. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    If it were something that I paid a good deal of money for or something like a numbered print, then yes I would definitely have a professional do the framing for me.

7. dekazone

dekazone New Member

FE Dollars:
    $0
    :) Many thanks for like my artwork..

8. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    Is this software he's using? If so it can be really lucrative if he had a bunch or orders because it wouldn't take much time.

9. TommyMac

TommyMac New Member

FE Dollars:
    $8
    It's a neat gige, but I think he's overcharging for the extras. $20 for the vector file is outrageous. I realize that this is a premium, but it is something that takes him nearly zero effort to send. It should cost about half as much. Ditto for removing the signature. I could see him jacking up the price for early delivery, though. That would be fair.

10. Jessi

Jessi Member

FE Dollars:
    $67
    I am greatly disappointed by this now. I read the title AND the text of that thread and though that it said "PopTart" every time. As in, I thought you were talking about the food, and I was wondering how he used poptarts for art, lol!!! Then I got over to the gig and was very disinterested in comparison. Oops.