tumblr site counter

Not getting feedback from buyers

Discussion in 'fiverr Buyers' started by cloudi, Jan 3, 2014.

1. cloudi

cloudi New Member

FE Dollars:
    $6
    I have a couple of gigs up on Fiverr and have made a couple of sales. My one problem is that there are a lot of buyer who don't leave feedback. This is annoying because it does affect how people view the gigs. While this is not something that you find with all buyers it can be annoying when you leave feedback and they don't leave any back.

2. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    You could always just mention that any feedback to your gig is greatly appreciated. I think a lot of people don’t think of doing reviews. I must say I myself am guilty of that. I will always make a bad review known but very rarely make a great one. I definitely will be changing that from now on!:)

3. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    Simple. Add a bonus for a review, and word it in a way that you'd prefer a positive review. When you deliver your gig, say something like, "I hope you like the gig, and to keep my customers happy, I'm offering a bonus of xxxx for your review of my gig." This will make it more likely for them to give you not only a review, but also a positive one because people like bonuses, and because they want to do a good job so that you will do a good job for the bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kadam1novasparker

kadam1novasparker New Member

FE Dollars:
    $24
    HankKingsley has a great point. If you want something from someone you are going to have to make it worth their while. Offer them something like a freebie bonus on their gig or an inflated future gig, or a positive review on their gig if they are a gig poster, too. You have to give someone something extra in order to encourage them to leave reviews. Some people do it as a matter of course, but most don't unless the gig was terrible.

5. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    That's a great picture first of all cloudi, it's too bad you have to give some bonus away though. I mean isn't it bad enough you sell a gig and after fiverr takes a dollar and Paypal takes .04 cents, you make $3.96. That just doesn't seem very good, but depends on what your doing.
    It's hard to get going on fiverr, I'm not sure how to change this. Seems like there could be a way though, maybe how the gigs are displayed, having to scroll down is sort of taxing for buyers, and usually I can't even find my gig, how can anyone else.

6. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    I have heard it is really hard to get started on this site. It does get difficult to look through everything. Utilize the suggestions thread. I’m sure Fiverr would love to hear your suggestions on how to make it better! I have never sold on this site but I would like to in the future.

7. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

FE Dollars:
    $10
    When a buyer does not give you feedback, it affects even other gigs. I have had the same experience and it is why I am not active on fiverr. I would work hard to get good feedback but the client just accepts the work and disappears. They will come back when they need more work to be done.

8. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    Today you need to make it worth their while to leave feedback.

9. Smartmom

Smartmom Member

FE Dollars:
    $37
    I find this interesting because I have never had anyone not leave feedback. I think that I would just ask them to leave feedback or a short review. I try to go an extra mile and really please them so that I can get positive feedback. It's sort of interesting though because in my life I have found out that some people no matter how hard, you just can't please!

10. wahmbrenda

wahmbrenda New Member

FE Dollars:
    $14
    I think this is something that happens on a lot of sites like Fiverr and even eBay. I'm probably guilty of not giving everyone feedback myself. Life is busy and some people overlook the importance of such ratings unfortunately.

11. theshaynee

theshaynee New Member

FE Dollars:
    $2
    It's pretty much the same thing as if you were selling something on Amazon. The reviews are everything. The higher your ratings, the better you'll sell. It changes everything.
    I can definitely see where that would be annoying.

12. wahmbrenda

wahmbrenda New Member

FE Dollars:
    $14
    It's definitely a problem. I don't think any of the buyers realize this though. The sites should do something to make them more aware of the importance of providing feedback but I'm not sure what.

13. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    Guys! As I've already said in this thread, if you are having a problem getting feedback then make it worth their while. We all agree that feedback is a major issue when trying to sell, so think of a bonus that you can leave for feedback. If you're a writer and the article is going to be used for the buyer's site or they are planning on submitting it to an article site offer to write a summary or description for the article, for example.

14. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    One thing I don't think was said is to increase the volume of orders. I know it seems like you can't just flip a switch and make the orders come in, but the more orders you have and the more happy clients, the more likely someone will be to leave feedback. Don't just depend on one or two sales to jump start the feedback train, aim to get as many sales as you can.

Give something related to your gig as a freebie, and don't tell the buyer you will do it in your listing, just send it as a surprise. You can send it at the time of delivery, or you could also send it later and have it truly be unexpected (especially if they still haven't left feedback by the time you send it). Value and differentiation is what elevates you to the top of fiverr.

15. gigseeker

gigseeker Member

FE Dollars:
    $41

Are you sure it's 4 cents? In my case I only get $3.92 ever since, and I read in other forums that they also get $3.92, so I hope that was a typo? I have a personal Paypal account by the way.

16. nowicki2013

nowicki2013 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $31
    If you're not getting feedback from buyers then you can always send them a message. Just tell them they hope they were satisfied with your work, and if they are then have them leave some feedback. I'm sure they won't mind taking a minute out of their day to write something good about you as long as they were happy with your work. Not everyone leaves feedback that's just how they are, but if you give them a friendly reminder, you should get lots of ratings and comments.

17. LindaKay

LindaKay Member

FE Dollars:
    $13
    I agree with Hank. I definitely think it's a good idea to throw in a little something extra in exchange for a review. I just wouldn't ASK for a positive review; that could be seen as bribing. Instead, just kind of imply that you want a positive review. If you make the customer happy and offer something extra, you shouldn't worry about the review not being positive anyway.

18. Jessi

Jessi Member

FE Dollars:
    $67
    A lot of buyers simply forget about leaving reviews or they don't think about it as being important. The same thing happens on Ebay, Yelp, etc. It can go a long way to send out a reminder a few days after a job is complete. You can even word it as a "hey, I hope you're still satisfied with my results. I would greatly appreciate if you would let people know by leaving a review! And if you're not happy, let me know how I can help." This puts it out there as a reminder that you're there and offering customer support without being overly naggy about a review.

19. qaximor

qaximor New Member

FE Dollars:
    $2
    Try to type after everytime you complete a gig tell them can you please give me a feedback that always made me do that. If someone asks nicely I would always do the feedback even If I didn't like the result I'll give a positive feedback.

20. Jessi

Jessi Member

FE Dollars:
    $67

Why would you give positive feedback if you weren't happy with the results? That's not a good practice to have. Other people rely on the reviews before deciding to purchase gigs and if the seller doesn't deliver good results, then they really don't deserve such positive results. :S