tumblr site counter

Jewelry

Discussion in 'Cool Gigs' started by shaybearlv, Jan 3, 2014.

1. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
  2. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    I clicked on the "order now" button because I wanted to see what the shipping costs were. For the U.S. it's $4, for International it's $8.

3. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    That’s not bad for shipping I suppose. I pay more than that when shipping photo prints to clients. Its still a cute customized necklace for a small investment. I thought that shipping was included in the 5.00 though…maybe I just read it wrong or am crazy…???……...

4. Lokita

Lokita New Member

FE Dollars:
    $8
    That is a cool necklace. I like finding unique gigs on Fiverr. I never thought about looking for jewelry there. I am surprised making that would be profitable.

5. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    It looks cool to me. It also looks like one of those handcrafted items you would find on a site like Etsy. Especially if the recipient was into arts and crafts, I could see them being really pleased if this was bought as a gift.

6. Lokita

Lokita New Member

FE Dollars:
    $8
    Come to think of it selling on Fiverr could be more profitable than Etsy as they take huge fees from my understanding. I have never been the crafty type with the exception of making a few bracelets here and there. I think Fiverr will continue to expand in terms of what people may buy from it.

7. smlewis00

smlewis00 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $23
    I agree! I also love unique jewelry. That would be an awesome gift for all the bridesmaids! I think it is cute, elegant and inexpensive! I am thinking about ordering a few as birthday gifts. Perhaps I could even start early and order some for 2014 Christmas gifts?! :)

8. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    Etsy does charge fees for every transaction and I have seen a lot of people leave because of it. If you are not selling a ton of merchandise, then paying those fees sometimes isn't worth it. Granted, if you are selling a ton, it might be costing a fortune just in those fees. I do like their store set up though, I have purchased items through peoples Etsy shops.

9. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    The key with Etsy and any of the other online shops is to have a spreadsheet or something that can o your accounting, put the numbers in, and ensure that you are profitable before you even list your item for sale. You need to know exactly how much your item costs, how much the fees are, and how much you should set the price for.

This trips people up most of the time, and they end up losing more than they earn because of it. Doing this work in the beginning can make the difference between frustration and clarity.

10. her21

her21 Member

FE Dollars:
    $74
    That is a cool gig and something that's definitely one of a kind. You're right shaybearlv they would be a nice keepsake for your maid of honor, bridesmaids and flower girls. Each one is unique too, so that's even better.

11. Smartmom

Smartmom Member

FE Dollars:
    $37
    That's a very unique piece. I love the fact that they added the quarter so that people can see the actual size. Because it's 100% handcrafted hopefully means that no two pieces are exactly alike. The material that it is made of looks like its not cheap and this would make a great gift idea. The price is not bad at all either. Thinking about getting one!