tumblr site counter

Creepy Doll

Discussion in 'Cool Gigs' started by 5is4fun, Dec 30, 2013.

1. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    I have to admit I like this one. I can think of a few people who would also probably appreciate it. It would be something weird and random to send them, without crossing any lines that might make them uncomfortable. Granted, I could probably do this myself, but that's the beauty of the marketplace. You can pay people to do things you don't necessarily feel like organizing yourself. It's a win-win situation.

Anybody out there who has paid for this gig? I'm seriously considering it.

http://fiverr.com/ddndd999/write-your-message-and-make-my-creepy-doll-hold-it

2. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
    This looks like something that might be good around Halloween. That doll really is kinda creepy. As long as she keeps that face, I wouldn't be worried, but I could see something like that in a scary movie, where they make it come to life and its expression changes. Kinda like Chucky.

3. kadam1novasparker

kadam1novasparker New Member

FE Dollars:
    $24
    Oh my goodness. This is a creepy doll, but kinda of cool for Halloween. I would definitely consider it. I don't know how comfortable I would be with this thing sitting around my house though...I am a horror movie fan and this thing just really fits in too well with many of the movies I've seen. Maybe just a tad too creepy for me. But definitely interesting.

4. gigseeker

gigseeker Member

FE Dollars:
    $41
    Yeah the doll is kinda creepy, but it would be more creepy if it had a grumpy, frowning, or angry look, but the doll that she uses is satisfactory already as far as creepiness level is concerned. Very fit for Halloween.

5. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    Now this is the type of gig I've been talking about that could make you some big bucks. Just imagine if this person had fifty orders and how long it would take to simply write a name on a piece of paper, put it on the doll, and then take a picture. You could easily earn a couple of hundred bucks in an hour.

6. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    I don’t do well with clowns or creepy dolls!! Something traumatized me as a child and I still to this day have reoccurring nightmares about a “life-size” doll that I had! I would freak out if anyone sent me this. It doesn’t need a angry look on it’s face…the smile is creepy enough! :eek:

7. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    I think you are so right, HankKingsley. I am a writer, so I've been considering signing up on Fiverr to sell some writing gigs, but it would be so much fun to do something silly (and simple) like this. Especially around Halloween, as people have noted in this thread, you could make a killing (ha ha) doing something like the creepy doll.

8. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    Keep in mind that you are allowed to offer a lot of gigs, so you can add to your writing gig.

As another example, there was a gig that I was talking about in another thread where the seller does a Kermit the Frog birthday/Christmas/special event greeting and the gig sells really well. The two things that he has going for him are:
    1) Not many people can duplicate his gig, because he does the Kermit voice perfectly, and has the puppet, as well as lighting, camera, etc.
    2) He can do a ton of gigs in an hour, because once he's set up all that he is doing is singing the same song, but adding the name of the person that you ordered the gig for.

9. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40

That sounds like it would be awesome and I may have to look that one up! My kids love getting calls from characters they see on TV. I know that they still get a birthday call from Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys R Us every year. I always make sure to let it go to voicemail so that I can replay it for them all week lol.

10. lord1027

lord1027 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $10
    I don't get it... Why is something so simple worth $5? There are plenty of useful services on fiverr but this is just crap... At least that's my honest opinion. I like to spend money with a purpose and I see nothing useful about that. Eh, anyway, there are plenty of people who will waste their money on something like that.

11. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    The good thing about the Kermit gig was that he sent you a YouTube link to the video, so you could always watch it whenver you wanted to.

12. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38

I think you've hit the nail on the head, HankKingsley. Developing a talent for something that you can do quickly and easily is key to making Fiverr work for you as a seller. If it's something unique that everyone else cannot do, you have a much better shot of carving out a niche for yourself on the site. If you can do something in a few minutes, and you can line up a ton of orders, you could easily be making $30-$60 per hour.

13. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    Where do I find this gig!? Is it still available? My son's birthday is next month and I think he would love it!

14. cpefley

cpefley New Member

FE Dollars:
    $5
    That is so weird! I wonder where that doll even came from? It does sound interesting, but I don't think I'd pay for it. I guess maybe someone out there might though.

15. Brad

Brad New Member

FE Dollars:
    $6
    Totally agree. Would be pretty cool to add a family members name to it and give it to them on Halloween :)

16. Smartmom

Smartmom Member

FE Dollars:
    $37
    Now this is creepy! I am not sure if I would want to do this to anyone. It is not that funny to me but I am sure that someone has done this before. This is one of those unique and crazy Fiverr gigs. I would be scared if someone did this to me but it might even be funny to the next person.

17. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007 Member

FE Dollars:
    $81
    This would be a great thing to use around Halloween like the post mentioned. Not sure when else it would be a good post to use, but it does look like a very creepy doll!