tumblr site counter

Cool or creepy? Child's drawings turned into animation

Discussion in 'Cool Gigs' started by Fiverr Guy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Fiverr Guy

Fiverr Guy Administrator Staff Member

FE Dollars:
    $265
  2. Lowdown0

Lowdown0 Member

FE Dollars:
    $93
    Lol, no I think kids are more adept to this stuff than we are. The drawing there is a but creepy though. That is a good idea that wouldn't take too long for the person. I mean really if someone were to just commit to learning certain technological tasks online, they could make it pay off. Take the certain skill that isn't being used often, but is in demand and learn it, market it and you have yourself a niche. The internet is really a great place for ideas to take hold. Only time constrains us, as there is so much to distract us. We have to focus and be determined to make our way. Whether on fiverr or not.

3. Harshal Brahmbhatt

Harshal Brahmbhatt New Member

FE Dollars:
    $5
    Wow! Some of those examples are done very well and regarding it being creepy or cool. I would say it is on the cool side, a lot of kids would love to see these and this would be a great way for parents to get their kids to do work, by getting their characters to say it. The voice in the first example may come off as creepy, but I am sure that they use more than 1 voice for the recordings. Overall know I would say this is quite cool and I would've loved to have my drawings animated as a kid.

4. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    This a great example of thinking out of the box. It's a great way to get sales when there is a lot of competition, but I noticed the seller has the gig on pause and only has one order in the queue. I wonder if they're considering dumping the gig because it's too much of a hassle.

5. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    Looks like he suspended it due to carpal tunnel syndrome. I think it's an interesting gig. My kids would love to see their artwork with animation and would be making me get it done to every single one of their drawings. I can't take the creepy voices though, it would end up giving me nightmares I am sure.

6. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    One of the problems with being creative and offering these gigs is that if they can be easily copied by other sellers your success won't last very long. Just somethng to think about for the creative people out there. So if you come up with something try to make it hard to copy.

7. beachday

beachday New Member

FE Dollars:
    $14
    Fiverr Guy, you must not have kids. There's nothing creepy about it - that's way cool for a kid. I mean there are things he could do to make it very creepy but that's not what he's advertising.

8. gigseeker

gigseeker Member

FE Dollars:
    $41
    I think that's it's quite a cool gig, and it seems like the seller is doing a good job based on his ratings. But I would have to agree that the drawing that was shown is a bit creepy for a pre-schooler's eyes. I'm sure if that drawing looked better then it would not look as creepy as it does now.

9. dreamseer

dreamseer New Member

FE Dollars:
    $12
    I think that depending on the artwork, this could be really cool. So many parents save their kids' artwork in scrapbooks and stuff, this would be another interesting way to preserve the memories.

10. Fiverr Guy

FE Dollars:
    $265
    Ever since Poltergeist, I have an aversion to inanimate things coming to life. I think that's where it comes from! That clown still haunts me a little bit...

11. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $71
    For some reason it was the part with the maggots that really got to me when I was a kid. Second would be the tree coming through the window. Isn't there some sort of supposed curse on the actors who were in that movie? I remember reading about a lot of weird things happening.

12. melaniephenderson

melaniephenderson New Member

FE Dollars:
    $6
    It looks like a really awesome and creative gig! I thought that most of the videos were actually pretty cool, although some of them did look just a bit creepy! But I think if I were a kid and it was one of my drawings I would love it.

13. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    I think this is a cool idea. The first video (the intro) is a little creepy, though. I wasn't creeped out until I turned on the volume, so I think it's the high voice that got to me. All in all, however, I'd have to say this is pretty original. It's too bad the artist is suffering from carpal tunnel. Hopefully, that will abate soon.

14. xbrix

xbrix New Member

FE Dollars:
    $2
    I think that's actually really cool!
    Once I have children, I think that they would love to know that they're artwork could turn into real life animations!

15. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    I played this for my kids later in the evening after I seen this and they have proceeded to bring up all kinds of artwork they now want animated to talk and sing. My son was a little freaked out by it at first though just because he said the voices sounded like a scary dream.

16. Fiverr Guy

FE Dollars:
    $265
    That's awesome! I'm glad that it was useful for you!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! But I bet he would love to see his art "come to life!"

17. shaybearlv

shaybearlv Member

FE Dollars:
    $40
    This whole thing actually did some good in sparking some creativity with my kids. They have created their own versions and used these as inspirationSUPER cute! Being all 8 years old and younger, I hope that their love for creativity sticks with them like this in the future!:D

18. Petar Petrov

Petar Petrov New Member

FE Dollars:
    $12
    I think it it pretty cool. It might be just me, but I think that if it was not for the voices, then it would not be creepy at all.

19. cpefley

cpefley New Member

FE Dollars:
    $5

I love it! I would definitely do that with my kids' artwork. It would be really cool to see their artwork turned into animation. I saw that the limbs didn't move, only the face, but it is still very cool.

20. fyeah101

fyeah101 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $4
    Definitely a cool concept probably wouldn't hurt to get a less crap microphone. The voice acting sounds like bad laptop mic recording (which is probably the case). It's a great idea for a gift for your kids and is pretty interesting even if the quality could use some work. It's better than a lot of stuff I've seen on fiverr curious to see how successful it becomes.