tumblr site counter

Cancer Questions

Discussion in 'Cool Gigs' started by 5is4fun, Dec 30, 2013.

1. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38
    This one made me sad when I first saw it, but when I gave it some thought, I liked the idea.

Someone very close to me was diagnosed with incurable cancer this year and has been kicking the cancer's hiney, so far. I hardly knew anything about cancer until this happened. Now, I'm painfully aware of how very, very many people have to battle it. It seems like it's everywhere.

I like this gig because I think this man might be able to answer some questions for both people with cancer and the people who love them.

I also would be more than happy to see a guy who has cancer make a few bucks from the situation. Why the heck not?

It's also probably pretty therapeutic for him, and it probably helps him to feel purposeful when so much of his life is out of his control.

I call this one of the coolest gigs I've seen so far. I don't expect everyone to feel that way, but I truly do. I feel like, more power to him!

http://fiverr.com/burtonmike01/answer-questions-about-cancer-and-dying

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kadam1novasparker

kadam1novasparker New Member

FE Dollars:
    $24
    This is actually a really cool gig. I bet there are a ton of people who would be interested in getting a first person perspective on the ins and outs of cancer treatment, living with cancer, etc. and there is no doubt that he can use the extra income to help pay for his medical expenses. What a way to make a few dollars and help others in the process. Very creative.

3. gigseeker

gigseeker Member

FE Dollars:
    $41
    I would have to commend this guy for being very creative, at least he's earning, helping and inspiring people all at the same time. I wonder what he will come up next as gig extras when he becomes a Level 1 seller. I'm guessing he will include a Skype or phone conversation with his buyers.

4. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    Wow, how sad. I guess it would be nice for him to get some money, I'm sure that he and his family could use it.

5. Lokita

Lokita New Member

FE Dollars:
    $8
    That is such a cool gig! I say good for that seller. People need and want understanding from a real person with experience vs a impersonal medical website.

6. lord1027

lord1027 New Member

FE Dollars:
    $10
    I think it's a pretty cool gig too. Sharing his experience may help other people, medical staff are usually so cold when talking to their patients.

7. 5is4fun

5is4fun New Member

FE Dollars:
    $38

This is true a lot of the time. I don't think it's always their intention, but medical personnel are sometimes limited in what they can safely say to patients, too. Some just have no bedside manner, and should try to maintain as little contact with people as possible, as far as I'm concerned.

I will very likely purchase this gig soon, because there are a few things I might ask him that I haven't been comfortable discussing with the person I know who has cancer. I just love this guy's spirit. What a great way to create something positive out of such a challenging condition.

8. HankKingsley

HankKingsley Member

FE Dollars:
    $72
    I could see this being helpful for people who just found out that someone they know has cancer because they could find out from the seller how to approach the situation better. We all know that when we find out that someone is really sick that we're afraid that we will do or say something wrong, so it can help us to understand.

9. Brad

Brad New Member

FE Dollars:
    $6
    One of the best gigs on Fiverr if you ask me. This is important, especially when a family member is fighting it. It is very hard to cope with the thought of cancer and I bet this guy can help you through it.